Loca-busy? Locavore?

Friday, February 3, 2012

Successful Leftovers

My family is not terribly fond of leftovers; tonight, however, was an exception.  Last night's black bean soup got reheated and beans smashed to thicken.  I microwaved the rice and set out separate bowls of shredded Mexican cheese, chopped green onions, jalapeños, salsa and sour cream.  I admit, not all ingredients were organic, but I always read my labels carefully when purchasing non-organic items.  The fewer the ingredients, the better; no MSG, no high fructose corn syrup, nothing I couldn't spell in a spelling bee.  I'm strictly organic on dairy. The tortillas were whole wheat.  Each family member could construct his or her own burrito.  As a result, the leftovers were successfully cleared away, everyone was making yum-yum noises, and no one had to go through a Taco Bell drive-through.  I consider that a success.

1 comment: